Welcome!

Welcome to the site; I hope you find it informative. I'll discuss a wide variety of trades-related topics that reflect my own path in the trades, and issues relevant to what is happening with the new "College of Trades" here in the province of Ontario. Be sure to check older posts, and I'd welcome your comments

Dave

Saturday, August 1, 2009

mrW Tradesman, Reworked Site


Keep a watch on the Toolroom section of the newly revamped site, it's featuring mrW Tradesmen, (including me) who will answer questions related to trades work, rather than "How To" as the Remodel Crazy" site does. Also, fans of the "Dirty jobs" show, persons interested in how to effectively promote skilled trades and trades people can meet and share experienced- or just hang out at the "Water Cooler".

For my part, I won't be telling anyone how to do electrical work on either site. It is far too dangerous to be done casually by homeowners. It ain't a hobby. I can help prospective apprentices learn about what the trades are about.

Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. Just read the above.
    Remodel Crazy is aware that giving certain advice can be dangerous. People aren't always careful and even the pros get hurt.

    Besides the usual disclaimer like the one on anti-freeze containers (do not drink), or plastic bags from the dry cleaners, (not a toy, do not put over your head), we will answer carefully and refer homeowners to hire a pro or get a book from the library. If there still are libraries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, I won't advise anyone on performing electrical work, rather make sure they understand what it means to enter a skilled trade.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete